2020 – Our Year of Maximum Impact!
We thank God Almighty for bringing us through 10 years as a church. It’s been by His grace and faithfulness, so we give God all the glory and praise. This year God is giving us a 2020 vision, so we will know why he saved us and brought us together as a church. God’s clear vision for us is that 2020 is Our Year of Maximum Impact. Maximum means the greatest or highest degree attainable, and impact means a strong effect or influence on someone or something. So this year, by God’s power, we shall influence the highest possible number of people with the gospel of Christ, baptize them, and disciple them to grow and make other disciples. We shall accomplish this vision as follows:
- By fulfilling the Divine Commission (Matt.28:18-20). This year, God wants us to focus on growing as Christ’s disciples, and helping others become disciples. A disciple is a learner, so we follow Jesus and learn from Him to become like Him, and help others do the same. It begins with sharing our faith in Christ as we go about our normal duties, baptize those who believe, and teach everyone obedience to Christ’s commands.
- Because of Divine Establishment (Gen.12-2-3). As we focus on being and making disciples, God says He will establish us as individuals, families, and as a church. God promises to bless us, make us great, bless those who bless us and curse those who curse us, so that through us all the families of the earth will be blessed.
- By Divine Empowerment (Zech.4:6; Acts 1:8). We cannot make maximum impact by our own strength, but by the power of the Holy Spirit. So God will pour His Spirit afresh on us to empower us to be His witnesses, from people close to us to those in other parts of the world. The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of God’s presence with us always. As we see in the life of Joseph, we shall by the power of the Holy Spirit,
- Dream and have a clear vision of what God can do in and through us (Joel 2:28).
- Love others who hate us, especially because of our dreams (Gen.37:5-9, 16).
- Praise God even in difficult situations (Gen.37:26-27). Praise (Judah) will bring you up from the pit.
- Prosper by divine favor wherever we are and work (Gen.39:2-3).
- Overcome temptations by showing us the way out (Gen.39:8-9)
- Be comforted when we suffer unjustly (Gen.39:20-21).
- Be empowered with gifts to impact many people (Gen.40:12; 41:25). By his gift of dream interpretation, he saved his family, the nation of Egypt, and the whole world from famine (Gen.41:56-57).
May God bless you, fight every battle for you, establish you, make you great, and empower you through the Holy Spirit to make maximum impact on the highest possible number of people this year for His glory. Shalom!