Alive And Seated With Christ!
As we continue to walk in the power of the resurrection, God’s Word reminds us to live as people who are alive and seated with Christ.
Before we were saved by Christ, we were dead in our sins. We were alive physically, but spiritually dead: separated from God. Under the control and influence of the devil and the world, we lived in disobedience to God (v.1-3).
It was in this hopeless and helpless condition that God’s love, mercy and grace located us and saved us through Christ (v.4-5). So when we receive Christ, we are restored into fellowship with God, and the life-giving Spirit of God is infused into us. When we come alive in Christ, His life-giving Spirit is also infused into every area of our lives: health, marriages, careers, businesses, dreams, potentials, and ministry. Therefore, don’t let anything in you die, place it in God’s mighty hand through prayer, and He will bring life into it.
Not only are believers alive in Christ, we are also seated with Him (v.6). Knowing this empowers us to overcome every worry, anxiety or distress. Seated with Christ means that we are seated in
1. The place of rest. Christ is seated after finishing His work on the cross. So we relax and enjoy His finished work for us.
2. The place security – far above every power, principality, might and dominion (Eph.1:20-21). We no longer live under the power of sin or the devil.
3. The place of fulfillment and honor. We are seated in the highest place, so we do not fight for acceptance, prestige or fame. Rather, we are fulfilled, content and satisfied in God.
Because we are seated with Christ, we set our minds on things in heaven where Christ is seated, not on the things of this world (Col.3:1-4).
1. We worship the Lamb who died to save us, resurrected to give us life, and seated us in heaven with Himself.
2. We put heaven’s priorities into daily practice, like sharing the gospel with others so they can also believe and be saved.
3. We look at life from God’s perspective, putting our faith in His Word and desiring to please Him always.
4. Focusing on what is eternal, such as building for ourselves treasures in heaven, instead of attachment to material things.
5. We do good works by joyfully praying for others, encouraging, supporting, and serving them with love, kindness and gentleness.
May God release His life-giving Spirit into your health, womb, marriage relationships, studies, carreer, business and ministry, and bring them back to life. May you prevail over every sickness, pain, shame, failure, demonic and satanic attacks, because you’re seated with Christ above them all. You’re more than a conqueror in Christ!